This website protects your privacy by adhering to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will not use your data for any purpose that you do not consent to and only to the extent not exceeding data which is necessary in relation to a specific purpose(s) of processing. You can grant your consent(s) to use your data for specific purposes below or by clicking “Agree to all”.
As a freelance journalist, one of the things branding can do is increase your 'power' with regards to the institutions you're working with – or want to work with. The bigger audience you have and the bigger your brand, the more negotiating power you have over the kind of stories you produce and the fees you charge for them.
In this one-hour webinar, Abigail Edge shares tips for creating a professional personal brand that reflects both your personality and your career goals to accentuate the value of your work.
💡 This recorded training covers:
- What is a personal brand?
- Why is branding important for freelance journalists?
- Exercise: Identifying your niche
- Personal branding
- Social media overview- Websites & SEO
- Professional memberships
- Building an audience - Collaborative journalism
- Networking - Distribution Lists
- Useful branding tools (e.g. IFTTT, Google Analytics, Canva, Moo cards)
- Pitfalls and how to avoid them.
🖥️. Check the presentation included in this webinar here 👈