Following the past three successful editions, the fourth round of CL!CK ABOUT IT focused on the theme “Crises & Disasters”. This competition received over 2000 photographs from more than 570 qualified applicants from all around the world. The sub-topics were as follows:
- Natural disaster: floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, droughts and other life-threatening natural disasters.
- Political uprising: Arab spring, occupy movements and other demonstrations protesting for change.
- Conflict: wars, conflicts and clashes at international, regional and local level.
- Financial crisis: signs of financial crisis and how the life of local communities is being affected.
- Development crisis: crises that are related to health, food, water, sanitation and education.
- Urban life: population growth, fast urban development and negative effects on environment.
- Climate change: signs of climate change in your backyard.
Two overall winners will be awarded with a reporting trip, organised by the EJC, to a post-disaster area in early 2013. Five runners-up will receive a 200 US dollar Amazon coupon or money transfer of the equivalent amount. Two honorable mentions were added for their significant work and will receive a 100 US dollar Amazon coupon or money transfer of the equivalent amount.
- Professional: Emine Ziyatdinova, Ukraine ; Sudipto Das, India; Ali Kaveh, Iran
- Amateur: Raniel Jose Castañeda, The Philippines; Pietro Facendola, Italy.
- Sucheta Das and Gmb Akash.
The international jury and the European Journalism Centre would like to congratulate the winners and runners-up as well as all the participants who have submitted amazing photographic work for this competition. The quality and diversity of the submitted work was substantial, making this edition one of the best competition rounds so far.