Bolivia is EJC’s second largest target country within the Press Freedom 2.0 portfolio. Our activities there are divided into three separate components.
The first, carried out in partnership with the Asociación de Periodistas de La Paz, focuses on journalists’ rights protection and media ethics. It is implemented through town hall-format activities and initiatives encompassing citizen participation.
The second component of EJC’s work in Bolivia revolves around the Asociación Boliviana de Carreras de Comunicación Social (ABOCCS) - an association of Bolivia’s 14 primary communication schools. The EJC is developing a series of investigative-journalism competitions for faculty students and teachers. Winners receive paid internships at local media outlets.
The third and biggest component of the Bolivian programme is conducted in cooperation with the Fundación para el Periodismo (FPP). Its aim is to increase and strengthen the teaching capacity of the mid-career training centre for journalists, established in 2009. EJC’s main contribution is to provide training to the future instructors of FPP through intensive multi-level courses, topical courses on major issues of Bolivian politics and society, as well as joint development of diploma courses. EJC and FPP work closely with the Clarin San Andres University as a source of expertise on curriculum development, and with the World Association of Newspapers on media literacy initiatives for secondary school students.
In the press:
Freedom, Journalism Training, and Media Literacy in Bolivia is part of MFSII-Press Freedom 2.0.
Related news :
- EJC partner graduates first class of Journalism Masters students in Bolivia
- Media Literacy school textbook debuts in Bolivia
- EJC and ABOCCS announce 2014 student investigative journalism competition winners in La Paz
- EJC and Fundacion para el Periodismo engage Bolivian journalists in reporting on development issues
- EJC Bolivia project partner announces journalism competitions winners
- EJC Bolivia project team discuss journalism ethics on national talk show
- Bolivian journalism students learn press freedom lessons through competition
- The EJC launches Guide to Reporting Development for Bolivian journalists
- The EJC Kicks off Two Weeks of Journalism Training and Press Freedom Events Across Bolivia
- EJC Bolivian Partner Announces Local Winners of WAN-IFRA “My Dream Interview” Competition
- Journalism Training Workshops in Bolivia
- Bolivia Press Freedom 2.0: Completion of Certificate Course on Economic and Financial Reporting
- EJC Launches Press Freedom 2.0 Bolivia
- Press Freedom 2.0 in Action Across Bolivia’s Regional Cities